Google+ Followers

Thursday, 10 November 2016

McCall's 8572

Long time between blogging again! There hasn't been a lot of sewing the past while due to renovations. 

I picked up this pattern in a box of patterns for free at a garage sale. I thought it would be a good basis shift dress. 
It took some fiddling in the back to get a nice fit.  For some reason dresses with a waist are easier to get a nice fit for me. Also, I found the neckline to be rather high when I tried it on. I scooped it down as much as possible. I'm happy with the end result but the pattern wasn't a winner for me. 
The fabric is a lovely cotton Lyra stretch sateen from Blackbird Fabrics. The fabrics I've purchased from her are really nice quality. Just wish she had a larger selection on her website and a wider range of colours as most of the fabrics are always blue.  

No comments:

Post a Comment