Google+ Followers

Monday, 22 June 2015

McCalls 6991

Another project finished! I've been on a roll lately :)

McCalls 6991 view B is the latest pattern. 
I eliminated the pocket as I couldn't see the point in having it. *Warning* this pattern runs really really big. I normally use a size 14 at the bust and a size 17 at the waist and hips. I cut a straight size 10!!! And the fit is perfect. Why would they make it have so much ease? Actually come to think....the last McCalls pattern had a lot of ease as well. 

The fabric is used is a silk from Fabric Mart that I purchased this winter. It's recommended to use a fabric that is same on both sides.  

The top came together pretty good following instructions, I just kept making silly mistakes that resulted in a lot of seam ripping. One change I did was hem the back before sewing up the sides for an easier and nicer finish. 

I'm wearing this blouse today and I like it. Not sure I would make it again as it's a fairly unique pattern. 

No comments:

Post a Comment