Google+ Followers

Thursday, 28 May 2015

Quilting

*blows dust off blog* Hello! It's been a long while since I posted last. I haven't been doing a lot of sewing the past while.

Some quilt projects were completed though.  I finally finished the quilt project I started last fall. 
I went through many spools of thread doing the details on the quilt and it was well worth the time. It's nice to have my oldest quilt kit out of the cupboard and completed. 

I also completed the following table runner. 
Made 2 other table runners as Mothers Day gifts but I never took pictures.

2 weeks ago I started sewing Style Arc Faith blouse pattern. 
Faith Woven Top - Sizes 10, 12, 14 - Women's Sewing Pattern - Blouse / Top / Shirt Pattern by Style Arc






















This is my first time sewing with Style Arc as though I have longer admired their patterns, the shipping to Canada is very expensive. But since they now sell some patterns as a PDF on Etsy, I decided it was time to give them a try. Now....while some sewist love 1 size patterns, I'm a big fan of multisize patterns. The reason being that I'm 1 to 2 sizes bigger at the waist and hips than my bust size. So I printed out size 10 and added from waist down to size up. The fit is nice but a little tight across the back. I may have to sew a size 12 at the bust but I'm a little worried it would be way too big. I only have the collar and hems to complete so hopefully I will find the sewing time this weekend to finish up.

No comments:

Post a Comment