Google+ Followers

Sunday, 8 March 2015

Butterwick 6096 Lace Top

QLast weekend I finished Butterwick 6096 view A with long sleeves. 
I used a stretch lace underline with a tissue weight modal/silk knit. The modal/silk knit is very soft. This was a slower make with having to cut out 2 different fabrics and then hand basting them together. 
After 2 easy makes it was nice to have a project that was more involved. I find that alternating easy and harder makes keeps my sewing mojo up. 

I found there to be a lot of ease is this pattern so instead of cutting a 14 on top and a 16 at the waist, I cut the whole pattern as a size 14. I'm glad I did as there's still lots of ease but that's part of the style. Another change was lengthening the torso my usual 1 1/2". However, it's still a little shorter in the front than I would like. In the future if I make this one again, I will add another 1" to the length. 
All in all I love my new top :)

No comments:

Post a Comment