Google+ Followers

Monday, 3 November 2014


Helllo! Long time since I last posted. I wish I could say that there's been a lot of sewing but I hardly touched my machines the last couple of months.

I did sew up Burda 7863 

Unfortunately I second guessed myself on the sizing. Even though I measure a size 44 in Burda magazine for my lower half, I have found that I have to sew up size 42 to get a good fit. Well....this was my first time using a pattern envelope Burda patten and I followed the sizing chart. Sign....they were WAY too big. 

Since I didn't have anymore stretch pant weight fabric, I switched to Burda 7447. 
This pattern is out of print and I found a source in England that had it in stock. I saw it made up by other bloggers and loved the fact it has a similar to RTW styling/fit. 

I had a chocolate brown cotten sateen in stash that I picked up cheap in one of Fabric Mart's great sales. The pattern had welt back pockets but I'm afraid that I could not figure out Burda's instructions and made a big mess of them. So I borrowed the pocket piece from my Jalie jeans to hide the disaster and make these pants wearable. 
Sorry for the crappy iphone mirror pictures. Anyways....I love the fit of these pants! I'm wearing them today and they are so comfortable.
Up next will be some tops as I need a break from pant sewing. But there will be more pants soon as winter is coming any day now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment