Google+ Followers

Sunday, 20 July 2014

Ottobre 2/2012 Beverly

I had leftover fabric from my last dress so I went searching through all my patterns. A couple of years ago I had a subscription to Ottobre magazine but canceled after not many successful makes. I decided to give the magazine another shot and made up Beverly from 02/2012 issue. 


And I had the same problem as before.....a crazy amount of ease! I made my usual size 40 bust and 42 waist/hips. After trying it on, I ended up taking it in 2 1/2"!!! And it's still loose fitting.  I don't get why so much ease is drafted in these pattters. There's a very cute coat in one of the issues that I was considering but I don't know if I want to bother fitting it. 
The finished tunic is nice and I will wear it. It's easy to adjust fit on a knit but a tailored item would be much more difficult.  

1 comment:

  1. I've never tried Ottobre patterns. The top is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete