Google+ Followers

Sunday, 20 July 2014

My Image M1409

Yesterday I finished sewing my very first make from a My Image magazine. This magazine isn't available in Canada (we only have one book chain and they don't carry it) so I only have 3 issues, 2 that I ordered and 1 that I won from Fehr Trade. 

There are many nice patterns in the magazines and the same pattern is shown more than once with different styling/fabric. The directions are brief but quite clear. 

I sewed up M1409 from the Spring/Summer 2014 issue. 

It was fairly easy to trace the pattern but I'm used to that as I sew a fair amount of Burda magazine. The dress came together quickly and the pattern seems to be drafted with similar ease to Burda as I traced my usual size 40 bust and 42 waist/hips and got a perfect fit. 


I love the fit as the darts in the back are perfect. It's a nice style and I think I will get a lot of wear out of this dress. 

I'm going to have to take a closer look at the My Image magazines to see what else I can make up. 

Side note, have you ever lost things in your sewing room? I cannot find my thread clippers anywhere and I know they are in this room!

1 comment:

  1. Love the details on this dress-very nice! And YES I have lost things (many) in my sewing room. So aggravating!!!!!

    ReplyDelete