Google+ Followers

Sunday, 8 June 2014

2 Completed Projects!

Hello! It's been a little while since I last posted. First the weather finally got nice so I was busy working in the yard. Then my cover stitch machine simply did not want to work properly to finish the hems. Finally I used the twin needle on my sewing machine so I could finish up and move on. I have a theory that it's the thread that's causing the grief with the cover stitch machine so I need to experiment. 

In the meantime here is completed Burda Style 02/2013 style 114. 

I used a rayon poly that I purchased in Phoenix as SAS Fabric. I'm happy with the fit but I'm finding the fabric weight of the pleat tends to pull the inside of the neckline out. Adding top stitching made it a bit better. It may be the weight of the fabric causing the issue. 

Since I had some leftover fabric, I repeated my last make Burda Magazine 02/2013 style 126. 

I love the fit of this top.  Sorry for the bad photo, I'm still trying to figure out how people take the mirror selfies. 

Up next is Vogue 8904 :)

1 comment:

  1. Both garments are pretty! And yes, a light weight knit works better for the Burda dress.

    ReplyDelete