Google+ Followers

Sunday, 6 April 2014

Grainline Studio Archer

As promised in yesterday's post, here is Grainline Studio Archer!

I sewed view B with the back ruffle. This is a fabulously drafted pattern with fantastic instructions.  It was worth all the taping and tracing. 

I traced out size 10 grading to a size 12 for the waist and hips. Turns out there is a fair amount of ease in this pattern as I ended up removing 1/4" from the sides so I could have simply used a size 10. 

I love how this pattern fits and I have a gap of shirts in my wardrobe. Fabricland has some nice cotton shirting that would make great shirts. I think I will pick up some yardage soon to make up some more of these. 

For the next while it's going to be a lot of sewing from Burda magazine as I have a lot of patterns matched up to fabric. 

Up next is Burda magazine 8-2009 style 128. 
I have a lovely crepe like red double knit I picked up from Fabric Mart during one of their sales. This pattern has been on my sewing list for quite some time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment