Google+ Followers

Sunday, 23 March 2014

A New Project

It's been a little quite in the sewing room lately. I have so many projects that I can't wait to sew up. 

Friday I printed out Grainline Studios Archer shirt PDF pattern. I've seen so many wonderful versions on other blogs I want my own. Enough to tape up all those sheets of paper lol. I'd much rather trace out a Burda magazine pattern.  And then I ran out of tracing paper two thirds of the way through tracing off the pattern, sign. 

Since I was having trouble deciding between 2 fabrics for the Archer shirt I washed them both. 

I picked up both of these fabrics at a sewers garage sale a year or so ago. I've been trying to figure out what to sew with them since. 

The second fabric was screaming summer blazer to me. Funnily enough I had zero plans of sewing a blazer anytime soon. But since the fabric was already prewashed........

Because I was still out of tracing paper ruling out all my Burds and Ottobre magazines, I went digging through my patterns and unearthed Simplicity Threads 3628. 

After making all my usual tall person alternations to the pattern and some cutting and sewing this morning, this is where I'm at:

I'm on the fence on whether or not I'm going to line this jacket. I once had a lightweight blazer that was unlined and it was a nice piece to have for summer. 

Hopefully I will have it done this coming up weekend and then it's back to the original plan of sewing up an Archer shirt. 

I recently got back from Mesa, AZ so I have some fabric purchases to share with you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment