Google+ Followers

Sunday, 16 February 2014

Pencil Skirts

I picked up two lovely pieces of wool a few months ago that I posted about. They were $10 a meter which is a bargain. I knew that I wanted to make pencil skirts at the time as I don't have many. After searching through all my patterns, Burda and Ottobre magazines I finally settled on this Octtobre Spring/Summer 2/2013. 


I had a subscription for a couple of years but didn't renew last year as I found I wasn't sewing the Ottobre patterns. Partly because I had a few failures due to not being able to figure out the sizing. Like Burda there is no where in the magazine that tells you the final measurements. I fell between a size 42 and size 44. So I decided to go with a size 42 with 1" seam allowances. Turned out size 42 was the perfect size. 

The patten I picked is Nifty and Neat pencil skirt. 


Lol caught my shadow in the photo. The pattern called for gathering the outside fabric at the waist and using darts on the lining. I did darts on both sides as I thought the gathering wouldn't be very flattering.

Hmmm, should have pressed them both before pictures. I lined them with dark grey lining I had kicking around in stash and also had zippers in stash. 

Now that I've figured out my size in Ottobre I'm sure there will be more makes. 





No comments:

Post a Comment