Google+ Followers

Monday, 6 January 2014

Vogue 1121 Badgley Mischka

will preface this post to say this was to be a dress for a work Xmas party that didn't get completed until weeks later. 

I used Vogue 1121 which I believe is out of print and a light weight Maggy London brocade that I picked up from Fabric Mart during one of their sales. Since its always freezing cold out for Xmas parties I was looking for a dress that would be warmer. 



Lol, was photo bombed twice by my dog Sasha. 

I'm rather meh on this dress. Perhaps it'll grow on me after hanging in the closet for a while. There were lots a problems making this dress, some my fault for using too short of a zipper. 

Frankly most of the difficulties are the pattern. If you own this pattern, take my advice and chuck it. It's that poorly drafted. First, I took out 4 inches of ease!!! On a dress that is designed to be fitted. Then, I took out 1/2" of ease on the sleeve cap, why do some patterns do that? To top it all off, there is poor designing of the finishing of the neckline in the front. I'm not very happy with the final result and feel Vogue could have done a far better job.  

No comments:

Post a Comment