Google+ Followers

Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Book Reviews


I recently got a new library card for the first time in many years. So I've been checking out the library craft section for sewing books! First up is The Party Dress by Mary Adams,
This is a really pretty book with delightful girly dresses. I especially love the bias strips dresses...sooo neat. There is not much technique advice on how to make the dress but lots of inspiration. Plus it comes with the pattern. I don't have a need for party dresses in my life so I personally wouldn't purchase the book but I do like this book. The second book is The Dressmaker's Handbook of Couture Sewing Techniques by Lynda Maynard,
I like and dislike this book. The pictures are wonderful and the directions are quite good. There is an couture waistband technique that I have never seen before and would love to try. However, I'm kinda disappointed that there are not more techniques in the book. A large part of it is binding necklines which frankly isn't all that special to me. I want to learn new ways of sewing. I'm on the fence on whether or not I will ever purchase this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment