Google+ Followers

Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Sewaholic Minoru Jacket

My sewing mojo is missing as I still haven't gone beyond cutting out my Burda blouse. Hopefully this weekend I can get it sewn up. I've been doing a lot of knitting, finished the waistband of a sweater and started a baby sweater. 

In the meantime I thought I would show you my Sewaholic Minoru that I sewed this spring. I used a waterproof cotton fabric that was a little nerve racking to sew as once you sew it you can't remove stitches without have holes.  I lined it with Kasha lining for a little extra warmth. 


This is the first time I have sewn an outdoor coat and I will be doing it again. Since I'm tall ready to wear never fits well. Sleeves are always either too short or just barely long enough. Lengths of jackets are always shorter than they should be. I would like to sew another version in a wool coating fabric. 




I love the hidden hood on this coat, it s nice to hide it away for a nicer look when not needed

1 comment:

  1. Great coat, love the colour! Ready to wear coats are an issue for a lot of people. For me, they are always to small in the bust and massive everywhere else :(

    ReplyDelete