Google+ Followers

Saturday, 10 August 2013

First Project

Good morning!

This weekend's sewing project is Burda magazine's April 2011 issue style 114.  I'm making some changes to the pattern however.  The length is being greatly extended as not only is the top rather short as drafted, I have a long torso and have to add 1 1/2" to every bodice.  Also, I made this up in a nasty polyester (seriously, the only thing the fabric had going for it was a pretty colour and pattern) that was a major failure largely due to the neck and arm hole facings that kept flipping out even when tacked down. So I'm going to cut bias strips to use to bind the neck and arm holes.

The fabric I'm using another polyester but this time a nicer one that is a satin black and silver. Hopefully, this one is a success as my last 2 projects ended up in the trash!

Not sure why the pictures loaded sideways. I'm still figuring out how to use blogger.


 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment